Welcome to the Steele County Food Shelf website.
Please have a look around and send us some comments and sign our guest book.
There are many reasons why people use food shelves.
- When their income resources do not meet their needs.
- Late or absent child support payments.
- Low wage jobs.
- Unemployment or Underemployment.
- Low Social Security payments and lack of pensions and investments.
- Persons who cannot work because they are elderly, disabled, or have very small children without the ability of daycare.
The 2014 March Food Share campaign was a huge success!
With your help we raised $113,522.28 and 36,266 pounds of food.